Travel Guide on All-Inclusive Resorts in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is located in the heart of the Caribbean and is renowned for its marvelous beaches, rich culture, and wonderful cities just like Jacksonville Florida. In addition, many best luxury resorts in Puerto Rico all inclusive make the place a popular destination for visitors from across the world.
This not only suits the budget but offers visitors a stress-free and unforgettable vacation experience. When it comes to entertainment, luxury, and relaxation, Puerto Rico stands out as the best in the world.
Best All-Inclusive Luxury Resorts in Puerto Rico
1. Ritz-Carlton Reserve-Dorado Beach
Puerto Rico has only a few adults-only, all-inclusive resorts. However, this is subject to change over time as the hotel industry is developing faster. One of the most popular all inclusive resorts in Puerto Rico adult only is the Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Dorado Beach which has an adult-only section called “Su Casa”. Su Casa offers an exclusive and intimate setting for adults. Similarly, another hotel the W Retreat & Spa located in Vieques Island has a section for adults, especially its pool area.
2. St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort is a luxurious and famous retreat built on a former coconut plantation and located on the northeastern coast of Puerto Rico. This is one of the famous and popular places for vacations in Puerto Rico all inclusive resorts. The rooms of St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort are elegantly appointed and spacious. You can enjoy its culinary delights and can spend time at the Iridium Spa.
3. Atlantic Beach Hotel & the Dream-Catcher
Puerto Rico has a growing LGBTQ+ friendly atmosphere, and there are many gay resorts in Puerto Rico San Juan. However, you may not get an exclusive “gay resort” in San Juan but many venues and hotels welcome LGBTQ visitors. Some of the hotels known for welcoming LGBTQ are O: live Boutique Hotel and the Atlantic Beach Hotel in Condado where the beach is referred to as the Gay Beach.
4. Dorado Beach Resort
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is located on the northern coast of Puerto Rico and is an ultra-luxurious resort that tops the list of luxury resorts in Puerto Rico all inclusive. The Dorado Beach Resort is built on a former plantation with beautiful natural surroundings. The resort has as many as 115 rooms, private villas, and suites with modern luxurious amenities.
5. Casa de Playa Beach-Front Hotel and Several Other Resorts
Puerto Rico has many upscale resorts but the star ratings of resorts vary depending on the rating system. However, some of the popular 5 star all inclusive resorts in Puerto Rico on the beach are Dorado Beach Resort in Dorado, St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, the Ritz-Carlton San Juan, El San Juan Hotel, and Casa de Playa Beach-Front Hotel. You can enjoy different activities in these 5-star resorts including beachfront views, golf courses, dining options, pools, and personalized services.
6. Caribe Hilton & Copamarina Beach Resort
If you are in search of family-friendly resorts in Puerto Rico, you have several options with activities and amenities suitable for all ages. Some of the popular and best resorts in Puerto Rico for families are the Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa in Rio Grande, El Conquistador Resort in Fajardo, Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino in San Juan, Copamarina Beach Resort and Spa in Guanica, and the Ritz-Carlton in San Juan.
7. The Ritz-Carlton
If you are a couple and looking for the best all inclusive luxury resorts in Puerto Rico for couples, the Ritz-Carlton in San Juan is the resort for you. The resort is just a few minutes from the city of San Juan, The Ritz-Carlton has beautifully designed suits and guest rooms, a private beach, and an elegant casino. You can also relax by the pool and enjoy delicious recipes at its on-site restaurants.
Top Things to Do in Puerto Rico
- Relax on Beautiful Beaches: After taking a rest for your journey in one of the top luxury beach resorts in Puerto Rico, the first thing that comes to mind is the beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico as it is in Saint Martin or Sint Maarten in the Caribbean. This unique place is blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Experience the lively atmosphere of Isla Verde Beach in San Juan, the surf scene at Rincon Beach, or the secluded shores of Flamenco Beach on Culebra Island.
- Explore Old San Juan: Explore the charming, historic district of Old San Juan. Old San Juan, the UNESCO World Heritage site has many things including colorful colonial buildings and the historic fort.
- Go for hiking in El Yunque: El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico is a tropical rainforest with well-maintained trails that lead to rivers, waterfalls, and panoramic vistas. After a comfortable stay in one of the golf resorts in Puerto Rico San Juan all inclusive, go to the La Mina Trail and fall for excitement.
- Taste the Local Cuisine: Puerto Rican cuisine is one of the unique and flavorful mix of African, Spanish, and Taino recipes. Taste the local and traditional dishes like arroz con gandules, mofongo, and lechón (roast pig).
- Celebrations and Festivals: Most visitors love to witness the celebrations. If you are one of them, then plan your trip in the festive season and book your accommodation in one of the newest resorts in Ponce Puerto Rico all inclusive in advance. Some of the popular events in the festive season in Puerto Rico are San Sebastián Street Festival, Ponce Carnival, and Fiestas de la Calle San Sebastián.
How to Travel in Puerto Rico?
Traveling in Puerto Rico is exciting with experiencing the natural beauty and a lot of other attractions including comfortable transport services. Below are some of the best transports to help you choose the best as per your preference.
- You can get into Puerto Rico both by air and sea routes. You can directly fly to Luis Munoz International Airport in San Juan, the capital city. You can also take the cruise ship and arrive in San Juan or any other coastal city.
- Puerto Rick has a well-developed public transport system for getting around Puerto Rico. You can either take the bus transport services or enjoy the train services called Tren Urbano. However, the bus and the Tren Urbano do not have an extensive network and do reach the interiors of Puerto Rico.
- If you are single and staying in one of the best resorts in Puerto Rico for singles, you can ask the resort to arrange a reliable car to rent or taxi to travel in Puerto Rico. You can also travel by ride-sharing as Uber and Lyft are available in cities.
- Ferries are a popular way of getting around Puerto Rico.
When to Visit Puerto Rico?
The best time to visit Puerto Rico can be divided into three broad categories namely the peak season which is from mid-December to mid-April. The second is the off-peak season which is from late June to August. And the rest of the year can be counted as shoulder season which is usually from late April to early June and from September to early November.
Now, it is your turn to plan your trip depending on your budget and preferences. The best period beyond debate is the peak season for many reasons but you need to plan for a big budget trip in peak season. The off-peak season in Puerto Rico has many challenges with the risk of hurricanes. The weather during the off-peak season becomes very hot and very wet which may be problematic for you. The off-peak season might not be suitable, especially if you are with a family or on a honeymoon trip but it is budget-friendly.
The best is the peak tourist season or at least the shoulder season, especially if you are on special occasions like a honeymoon trip. Book one of the best resorts in Dorado Puerto Rico for honeymoon in advance and enjoy your travel destinations in Puerto Rico.
How to Find the Best Puerto Rico Vacation Packages?
The all-inclusive offers and packages in Puerto Rico are less common compared to other Caribbean places. However, follow the below ways to find the best Puerto Rico vacation packages.
- Carry out thorough online research to find the best and most reliable tour and travel all-inclusive package for Puerto Rico. You can do it on reliable sites like YouTube or Wikipedia.
- Read the reviews and compare the prices and offers in the packages.
- Check for flexibilities, especially in date, time, and probable cancellation of the trip in the case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Seek for information and recommendations from known persons who have already gone to Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico offers popular travel destinations with diverse attractions and activities. Puerto Rico has something for everyone irrespective of personality, background, and preference. You may be passionate about history or learning, an outdoor enthusiast, or a lover of nature or food, but be sure Puerto Rico will certainly fulfill your expectations. Plan your trip and book one of the best luxury resorts in Puerto Rico all inclusive to ensure safety, enjoyment, and learning in Puerto Rico.